Archery Tag® is far more than a quickly growing sport. It is played similar to dodgeball with our bows and patented foam-tipped arrows. This exciting, action-packed game offers the ultimate family-friendly experience that engages the everyone. Don’t miss out on Tag…the game you never outgrow!
Unlike some other sports, the only safety equipment required to play Archery Tag® is a facemask. Players experience virtually no pain when "tagged" with our Archery Tag® arrows.
Two teams, consisting of 3-10 players each playing opposite one another, are separated by a "Safe Zone". Each team also has what we call a "5-Spot Knockout Target. We prepared many kinds of game style for you to challenge."
The object of this style is to score as many points as possible in the allotted time (typically 5 to 10 minutes depending on scheduling and number of players).
1 point is awarded for:
- Shooting an opposing player with an arrow. Hitting the body, clothings or equipments are all counted. But headshot is not allowed.
2 points are awarded for:
- Knocking a spot completely out of the opposing teams target
3 points are awarded for:
- Catching an opponent's arrow in mid-flight
The object of this style of play is to have the most players and target spots remaining at the end of a timed game (typically 5 to 10 minutes depending on scheduling and number of players).
Getting a Player OutA player is considered out and must leave the field if:
- You eliminate a player by tagging him or her with an arrow. But remember, headshot is not allowed.
- The player shoots an arrow that is caught mid-air by an opposing player
Recalling a TeammateA player can return to the game if:
- A teammate catches an opponent's arrow in mid-air.
- A teammate knocks out one of the spots from the opposing team's 5-spot target.
Archery Tag® game can be setup in both indoor and outdoor location. The dimension of the field is varied according to number of players participanting in the game. The standard size is 24m x 11m which is a little bit smaller than a basketball court. The Safe Zone with 6m long is located at center field.
Each 5-spot target are placed in the center of the field on each side of the Safe Zone and centered on the field play. The Archery Tag® bunkers on each side of the field are placed on the two sides for players to hide and take cover.
Other than sports gymnasium, the game can be held in playground in school, grassland in campsite, community hall or even hotel ballroom.
Spectators and the referees should be a safe distance from the field on the sidelines along the Safe Zone or behind netting.
1. Archery Tag® Bow & Archery Tag® "Non-lethal" Arrows
Archery Tag® features game-specific, low-poundage bows that shoot arrows tipped with giant foam points. The marshmallow-shaped foam-tipped on the arrow can reduce the impact. The pain factor of Archery Tag proved minimal, lower than wargame or paintball.
2. Archery Tag® Approved Mask
The mask covers your entire face including eyes, ears, & mouth. Everyone involved in the game must wear a mask (even players on the sidelines).
3. Full-length Arm Guard
The arm guard is to prevent your clothing from coming in contact with the string.
4. 5-spot Targets
The 2 targets are placed in the center of the field on each side of the Safe Zone. Knock-out the spots to get points or revive your teammates.
5. Archery Tag® Bunkers
This is the only object that can help you in the field! You can hide and load your arrow behind it. Wait for the best moment to tag your enemies!
Master Archer is the Archery Tag® official licensee in Hong Kong. We provide Archery Tag® game with approved equipment including masks, bows, arrows, etc. Our professional instructors are trained to facilitate players to both enjoy the game and keep safe.
Archery Tag® was created by John Jackson in the US in 2011. He aims to provide a safe and fun archery experience for everyone. Over the past few years, John has been humbled and amazed to see how Archery Tag® has grown from a simple idea into a worldwide sport that is now enjoyed in dozens of countries spanning six continents.
Master Archer is one of the official licensee in the Asia region.
Don't be fooled by cheap counterfeits. There are big differences AND big risks.
Archery Tag® invested in specific equipment to test the bows and arrows to make sure they are as safe as possible. They also utilize outside labs and Universities for testing. Nobody else has the time or experience that we do.
Archery Tag® is a registered trademark and has several patents on the unique design of the equipment.
Reference: Archery Tag® official website. Beware of Counterfeits!
- What is the minimum amount of players?
- 8 players is really the minimum. Typically, 8-20 people is the most common group size in a 5v5 game mode. While if you have more, we can offer 10vs10 or even bigger game mode for you!
- What shall I wear?
- You must be wearing sport clothing and trainers. Contact lenses are recommended if you need any vision correction
- Is it a mixed gender sport?
- Yes! Boys and girls can play together!
- Is it safe?
- Unlike some other sports, the only safety equipment required to play Archery Tag® is a facemask. Players experience virtually no pain when 'tagged' with our Archery Tag® arrows.
- Can we play in our own venue?
- Yes, all you need to do is hire a venue and we come to you. We will provide everything including the equipment and instructors.
- I don't have a venue. Could you find for us?
- Sure! We provide venues all around Hong Kong, like in Wan Chai, Kwun Tong, Yau Ma Tei, etc.
- Whats the age and height limit?
- Age limit is 8 years and above. Height limit is 1.2m.
- Can groups drink alcohol whilst playing?
- No! Any groups found drinking alcohol whilst playing or are intoxicated will be asked to sit out